Space Engineers

Space Engineers is a very fun, voxel based space sandbox, where you build space ships then battle other people’s space ships and fight their crew. You can ram your ship into theirs and board it or you can open fire and just rip it apart, the choice is yours! The game is based on the V-RAGE engine developed by KSH (Keen Software House), the V-RAGE engine stands for volumetric rage, the ability to destroy the environment around you.

image

The game is also in early alpha stages and FAR from done, I believe they may add planets and more weapons.  I also think that the game has HUGE potential if the potential is unlocked and developed very well. The ship building mechanics are very good and you can also build space stations.  They allow you to start with a small ship block, large ship block or space station block and you can build many ships and space stations.  This game is like Minecraft and Kerbal Space Program combined! (If you have never heard of Minecraft or Kerbal Space Program before you should really check them out!

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged .

2 comments to Space Engineers

1. Mrs. Kriese says:

I looked up V-Rage–what an interesting concept! Found the line “Space Engineers is the first title fully utilizing VRAGE 2.0” and I thought of my beloved Mr. Scott from Star Trek. He’s a space engineer. What would he think of measuring a ship’s ability to destroy the environment around it? :- ) Just having fun with the idea.

• ethanb711 says:

I don’t know what he’d think, we would have to ask him! I agree, V-RAGE is a very interesting concept. The only other game I know of that employs a engine similar to this one are the Battlefield series. They use a different engine, Frostbite 2.0. Some other games also use similar engines but not to the extent of these two games.