Week 4: Media and a Memory

A memory:

Thunk… Thunk… I hear as my archers hide behind a wall, preparing to release another rain of arrows upon the enemy Persians… This is Rise and Fall Civilizations at War. The game that really got me into gaming.

When I was young I would have sleepovers for days where I played this game non-stop with my friends… Almost everyday after school, I would play Rise and Fall when I came home. Now, this was in the early years, 2007-11, when I didn’t have much homework and had time to play games on week days. This game though, was amazing.

The graphics were great for that time and I thought it had the best graphics in the world. Though it was a long time ago, it still has pretty good graphics. The game was amazing, stayin’ up at night, playin’ “my childhood”

image

I’d play it with my friends, I’d play it with myself, I’d play it no matter what. It was my childhood, that and sports, my friends all played it, played it with me.

This entry was posted in Misc..

2 comments to Week 4: Media and a Memory

1. Mrs. Kriese says:

Great lead in this piece, Ethan! I can see it, hear it…really get a sense of the game and your love of it.

Awesome new blog background! The Elder Scrolls V…very cool.

2. ethanb711 says:

Thanks!

Also, the background is Skyrim but without the badly photoshopped skyrim title that I moved up to try to fit it in the picture